Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fun With Ivory

Here is a fun little project to entertain your kids this summer. I wish I could take credit for it, but sadly I cannot. I found it here.

All you need for this project it a bar of Ivory soap, some wax or parchment paper, and a microwave.


Place the wax paper on the tray in your microwave, then place the bar of unwrapped soap on the wax paper. I set my microwave for five minutes, but stopped it a few times because the cloud got so big I had to readjust how it was sitting in my microwave. The soap will blow up as it sets in the microwave, but will deflate a little once you pull it out. This may be the only time you want to stand in front of the microwave, because the soap changes so quickly and its really neat to look at. 


This is what my bar of soap looked like after I pulled it out of the microwave. Please note, it will be hot when you first take it out, so give it a minute or two before you hand it to your children to play with. 


And that's it! It does get really flaky too, so either stick it in the bath with your kids, or have them play with it outside. Otherwise you will have soap flakes everywhere!





I received the bar of Ivory soap complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I wrote this blog post as part of a brand challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!