Friday, March 25, 2016

Five Fandom Friday- Favorite Stores to Get Geeky Wares


Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've had a chance to read my coverage of SVCC Saturday edition! Now I'm going to share with you some of my favorite places to get geeky wares. 

Taking it back to the beginning of time when I didn't realize what I was wearing was nerdy (it was called alternative back then), I lived in Hot Topic. Every old cartoon shirt that was there, most of the band shirts, tons of accessories.....I owned it all. If I could've worked there, I would have. And while I don't get the atmosphere of Hot Topic today (I guess I'm entering that get off my lawn stage of life), I still enjoy what's in the store, and it's still one of the main places I go to get my nerdy accessories. Their hair bows are the cutest, and I still love their character tees.



HT Bows



I want to buy all the things! Seriously, I get a major case of the I wants every time I look at their site. Its geeky clothes, but it ranges from really geeky to not so much. And they are a convention floor staple, which I love. When I buy from WLF, its usually at a convention, not online.

We Love Fine


TeeFury has the best geeky teeshirts! They like to do mashups like they're going out of style, but they're all pretty fantastic, so its okay! The only thing I don't really like is that there are like ten Doctor Who shirts for every any other fandom shirt. I have never seen Doctor Who, so I don't get what all the fuss is about. It seems like TeeFury has caught on, and makes special collections just for all you Whovians out there, so its gotten a little bit better. They've also expanded into hoodies, leggings, skirts, shoes and prints for your wall, so all of that it pretty awesome too.

TeeFury



I really love the things that Her Universe makes. I have a real problem with the way they size their clothing though. I have to wear mega huge sizes to get anything to fit, which is a real zinger to my already low self esteem. But, its worth it because the clothes are just that cute! 

Her Universe

5. ThinkGeek
I really like ThinkGeek because they have a lot of cool stuff for your house as well as clothes and accessories. I have one of the Handbags of Holding and I got a Her Universe R2D2 skirt for super, super cheap on there. It seems like they're always having sales, so if you're eyeing something on their site, chances are you won't have to wait too long before it goes on sale. Just act fast once it does, once things go on sale there it usually doesn't stay in stock.



ThinkGeek


Where are your favorite places to get geeky gear? Leave it in the comments and I'll go check it out! Thanks to Megan and Kristin for making 5FF a thing that so many of us look forward to doing every week (or when life lets us!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!