Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fallfessional

Hello and happy first official day of Fall! My section of California clearly hasn't gotten the memo, as its still in the 90's degree-wise, but that's not going to stop me from celebrating my favorite season.

I have loved participating in the link ups going around the past few weeks, so I thought I would try one of my own. Today's post is called Fallfessional, and its my confessions about all things fall related.


1. Caramel Apple flavored things are the real heroes of the season. I know everyone gets so excited over pumpkin spiced everything, but to me, the abundance of caramel apple flavored things is way more appealing. Don't get me wrong; I love pumpkin english muffins, Pumpkin Spiced Lattes and a few other pumpkin flavored things. But I feel like so many pumpkin spiced things taste so wrong (Pop Tarts, most candies, etc). Its really hard to mess up caramel apple though, and that's why it wins in my book.


2. I spend as much on Fall and Halloween themed things as I do on Christmas. Maybe more. Even though I live in a place that doesn't come close to a traditional fall, like ever, its always been my favorite season. And increasingly over the years, Halloween has become my second favorite holiday, almost inching out Christmas. So yes, as soon as ghost plates and witch banners and Thanksgiving turkey-fied items hit the store, I am there. And I buy a lot of it. I've always loved the look of Fall themed homes in decorator magazines, so I think that has a lot to do with it too.

3. I only watch Hocus Pocus in October. There is no written rule that you can only watch a Halloween movie during Halloween month, but watching this movie during any other time of the year just seems wrong.


4. I don't believe in Spring cleaning. I believe in Fall cleaning. By the time Spring hits here (and Spring is a relative term. We usually just have Summer and Winter), it already too hot to motivate me to do any deep cleaning around my house. Instead, I like to do big cleans or rearranging in the Fall/Winter time.

5. Fall starts my favorite time in World of Warcraft. Now I know this one seems really nerdy, but its true. September brings Pirate Day, which jumps right into Brewfest. From there its Hallow's End and the Feast of Winter Veil. I really like the holidays in WoW because they give me something to do other than the same old grind. Fall is usually when you'll find me most active on the Horde side, I like to spend Hallow's End in Undercity, it feels most appropriate. The only exception to that, however, is Brewfest. I like to spend Brewfest with the dwarves in Ironforge.

I hope you enjoyed my Fallfessional! If you write your own, please leave your link here so I can read it (and other people, obviously!)


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD, I AGREE SO HARD ON CARAMEL APPLES. I love love love apples. Other than pumpkin bread, I'm way over pumpkins. (Unless it's Jack-o-Lanterns!)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!