Friday, April 3, 2015

Five Fandom Friday- Fangirl Moments!

It's that time again- Fandom Friday! Today's is about fangirling (or fanguying, there's no discrimination here) moments. I had to really think about these, because I like to think of myself as a reserved, keep it to yourself person. But the more I thought about it, I realized that I do have a few moments, so here we go.....

1. Seeing New Kids on the Block in concert. I make so secret about how much I love New Kids on the Block. I never got to see them when I was a child, and the first time they went on tour when I was an adult, I didn't get to see them either, and I was devastated. So when they went on tour with the Backstreet Boys in 2011, I jumped at the chance to see them. It was amazing, I think I stood through the whole concert and sang along with every song (even though my singing can make nails on a chalkboard sound good). I got to see them in concert again in 2013, and it was still just as magical. I'm still holding out hope to see them again this year.
NKOTB 2013 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
My seats weren't great, but I loved every minute of the concert!

2. Molly McIsaac responded to one of my tweets. So I was new to Twitter, and really loving Fangasm. I just randomly tweeted one day that Fangasm reminded me of a nerdy Real World. And she agreed! Molly was one of my favorites on the show because she wasn't afraid to stand up for her beliefs, and just had that free spiritedness about her that I just really liked. I also secretly hoped that her and Mike would hook up. Their fighting had a weird sexual tension vibe about it, and what's a "reality" show without some hookups? (Even though it was Sal's crush on Dani that ultimately stole the show in that department). 

3. The Wienermobile came to my town. I've always wanted a Weeny whistle- don't laugh! So when the Wienermobile made a stop in my city, my husband and I took our kids to see the giant hot dog. We had to embarrass ourselves by singing the Oscar Meyer wiener song to get the whistle, but damnit, I did it :) I was even in our local paper because of my love of the that giant hot dog lol. 

4. Meeting Ivan from Season One of King of the Nerds at WonderCon. This was a moment where I think I really, truly fangirled, and I had no idea what was going on. It was just after the season had ended and I saw him walking around WonderCon with his girlfriend (wife? I don't know), and nobody was around him. At first I didn't even know if it was him, because I thought for sure that lots of people would be wanting to meet him. But I kept staring and my husband was just like, just go over there already..... So I did. And he was the nicest person! His girlfriend (wife?) took the picture, and they were just so cool about the whole thing. They let me ramble on about how he was my favorite on the show and I really thought he should have won. I went back to my husband so excited that I had gotten the picture, and super embarrassed that I had just rambled on like that to a stranger. They probably thought I was crazy! And later on in the day, I ran into him again, but by then he was swarming with fans and camera crews trying to talk to him. 

5. Seeing Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day at NerdHQ. So these are like my nerd idols. The ultimate nerd couple, even though they aren't actually together. I admire and respect their work so much, so going to see them in that panel was a big deal. Sadly, they didn't come out for pictures after like we were told they would, but even being in the same room with them was good enough. 

So these are my five, pretty good I think :) What are your fangirl/fanguy moments? Let me know in the comments! And thanks to Megan and Kristin for coming up with these topics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!