Friday, February 12, 2016

Five Fandom Friday: Womances in Honor of Galentine's Day


Hello and Happy Friday! Today's 5FF is all about womances in honor of Galentine's Day. What is Galentine's Day?
I haven't watch Parks and Recreation, so I feel a little phony acting like I know about this holiday, but I thought the topic was fun, so here are my favorite sets of friends:

1. Miranda, Charlotte, Carrie and Samantha
I love Sex and the City, and I love the group dynamic of these four ladies. They are my squad goals, because each one of them is so different, yet they compliment each other so well. And who wouldn't want a group of ladies that you could always call for a lunch or dinner and know that they'll always be there? I think that's just the best. 

2. Daria and Jane

They're both so sarcastic and "misunderstood", and I love them for that. They were the girls I wanted as friends as a teenager, not the "popular" kids. 

3. Jessica and Hope
I just wrote about Jessica in another post, but Jessica and Hope together are amazing! Jessica is very dry and sarcastic, while Hope is artistic and very upbeat. They have a very Daria and Jane vibe, I guess I'm drawn to that type of dynamic. They are apart for most of the series because Hope moves away after a family tragedy, but they finally get back together in the end, and its everything you could want for them. 

4. Taylor Swift and her #squad
Taylor Swift has squad for days! And I know that some people think it's an act, but I don't. Taylor and her friends support each other and they're not afraid to show how much they love each other. I can only hope to get a squad like that someday, but until then, I'll just envy Taylor's :)

5. Max and Caroline
They just go perfectly together- the uppity, used to be rich girl and the sarcastic, never had anything girl, making their way to cupcake business success (one day....). Max is a very relatable character to me, while Caroline is a bit of a stretch. But together, they are great. And if social media is true, they're friends in real life too, which makes it even better. 

So who are your favorite friends? Do you celebrate Galentine's Day? Tell me about it below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!