Monday, March 30, 2015

Mixtape Monday #5

It's Monday! That means its time for a Mixtape! Today's is dedicated to Avril Lavigne. She became famous in 2002....which was my senior year of high school. I really loved her style, totally tried to copy it. She was a refreshing change of pace from all the bubblegum pop that was floating around at the time (think Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, etc), which is why I think she became so popular. I still like to listen to her music on occasion (mostly the old stuff), and it makes me sad that her fans pay so much for meet and greets with her, but she doesn't let them come near her (let Buzzfeed refresh your memory). So here's the Monday morning Avril Lavigne fix you didn't know you needed. Annoy all your friends and co-workers by singing Sk8er Boi all day. You're welcome.

Sk8er Boi


Nobody's Home


How You Remind Me
(Nickleback Cover)


Complicated

And there isn't an official video for this song, but if you're so inclined, search for Slipped Away. I listened to that song a lot after my grandfather passed away, and again when my grandma passed. Its for those reasons that I can't really bring myself to listen to that song now. Its beautiful though, and it kinda dispels what people say about Avril, that just writes drivel. She wrote Slipped Away after her own grandfather passed, and you can tell that he meant a lot to her. 

Were you an Avril fan back in the day? Are you one now? Let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Omg, that is really upsetting about the Avril meet and greets. It honestly looks like she's photoshopped into those pictures. The way people are standing it's like someone told them, "okay pose the way you would if someone were standing next to you." Those poor people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her songs better now than before. My favorite song by Avril is When You're Gone. I think that was back in the day. So I probably liked her then, just not as much as today. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. After the articles came out about those photos, she said that it had something to do with the particular country she was in where those were taken. Everyone was still pretty much not believing her though, because there weren't any pictures from other fans in other countries that looked any differently. Its also been said that different promoters will outline rules that the fans have to follow, but that sounds like garbage to me. I mean, Rihanna got all over her fans, and a few others have done the same. But if I was famous, I don't think I would want to be all over a bunch of people I didn't know. I mean, I wouldn't be light years away from them, but I wouldn't be groping them either! Maybe something in the middle lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was one of my favorites in high school, but I can only listen to her occasionally now. That Hello Kitty song was yikes lol. Just couldn't get behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is I'm With You an Avril song? I used to love it in high school. Love your mixtapes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was never a fan of Avril's to be honest, but, I think I'm digging Rihanna! Her photo sessions seem like a blast LOL! I'm glad to see that she has fun with fans (but dang! $400 is a lot of money!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is an Avril song! That's a pretty good one too. And thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! Rihanna knows she wouldn't be where she is without her fans, you have to appreciate a celebrity that gets that. And $400 is a ton of money, but that's probably split between her team and the venue...probably way more people than necessary lol.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!