Friday, July 12, 2013

Poppin' Off- The Package Tour

This past Saturday I had the great pleasure of seeing The Package Tour at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The trip to Vegas overall was womp womp, but that was for a lot of personal reasons. The concert was AMAZING though. Truly.

The show started promptly at 7:30pm. It opened with Boyz II Men (minus one group member) and they sang all their hits pretty much without stopping. They did a lot of old school dance moves and they had high energy through their whole show. They closed with my favorite song, Motownphilly.

Without pause, Boyz II Men went off the stage and 98 Degrees came on. Nick Lachey still looks good, but other than that, there wasn't much to their show. I was excited to learn that I knew more than one of their songs, but something in the performance was just.....lacking. And it wasn't just me that felt it. It was during their set that most of the audience decided to get drinks, go pee or sit down. There was a serious drop in energy. They weren't horrible though, it was just not the greatest.

There was a ten minute wait between 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block. They had this little video play at the start that said they'd be singing for two hours. I was like what?!?! And yes they did. They started right at 9pm and ended at 11pm. There were no encores though. They played some songs from their latest album and their last album, and a lot of their old stuff, which was fantastic. They kept saying that they'd been a group for twenty five years and at one point Joey joked,  "we started when you guys were eight years old" and all the older ladies laughed because they were really like in high school or something. And its really funny for me because I really was that young, younger actually. I was five years old in 1989 (that's when the group really took off. They officially became a group in 1984. Read about it here). Yes, I have been a fan for that long.

This makes the second time I've seen New Kids on the Block in concert (the first time was two years ago when they were on tour with the Backstreet Boys) and I'm really hoping that I'll get to see them again. I'd like to finally be able to get close to the stage. If you love 80's/90's boy band nostalgia and have the opportunity to see this concert, I highly recommend it. And not just because I love New Kids on the Block. It really was a good show.

Also,  if you have the chance to go to Mandalay Bay, check out their buffet. Its a little pricey, and I usually don't eat a grip at one time, but that buffet is soooooooo delicious. Its well worth the money and if its the only meal you eat that day, you'll be alright :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!