Saturday, September 28, 2013

Raid Snacks- Battle of the Pumpkin Spice Lattes


Its that time of year again! Everything pumpkin. I love pumpkin, so I think it's great. Its still around the mid to high 80's weather-wise here, so hot drinks aren't ideal right now, but I broke down and drank two today to do this taste comparison for you guys :)

So I chose to compare the Starbucks PSL and the McDonald's McCafe PSL. I chose the smallest size of each on the menu (small at McDonalds and tall at Starbucks). The picture above shows a side by side comparison of the two, and while the Starbucks cup appears taller, both are 12oz. Both were made with no modifications or changes in order to meet the nutritional information you can find online. The McDonald's PSL is 200 calories and cost $2.39. The Starbucks PSL is 300 calories and cost $3.95.

I tried the McDonald's one first, and I thought it was pretty good. The pumpkin spice taste was very muted, and there is no whipped cream, which I thought I was weird (whipped cream and pumpkin go hand in hand in my mind). The Starbucks one however, had whipped cream and the pumpkin spice taste is way more pronounced. It was delicious. If I could, I would probably buy the Starbucks one more (I am also on a mission to get the Gold Starbucks card this year as well), but realistically, I go to McDonald's more, so I see more McCafe PSLs in my future. 

*Price winner- McDonald's
*Taste winner- Starbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!