Thursday, February 13, 2014

Liebster Award

Super excited- Usagi from Usagi in Wonderland gave me a Liebster Award. My first blog award!
So what is a Liebster Award exactly? 

"Well, it is only an AWESOME award given to up and coming bloggers. Given by other up and coming bloggers. It's a cool way to find other blogs and feel like you are getting into the blogging stratosphere. It is simple, you get nominated by someone else, mention their page and a link to their blog in your Liebster Award Post, answer the 11 questions they give you, then tag 11 other nominees and give them a new set of 11 questions to answer."

Pretty neato, right?  Now on to the questions!

1. What is your favorite quote?
I have so many! Can I give my top three? "Keep moving forward." - Walt Disney, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."- Ferris Bueller, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

2. What is on your bucket list that you want to cross off this year?
I would really like to see Childish Gambino in concert (since I try to see him every time he tours and am never successful) and to visit a National Park.

3. If you were a pizza, what toppings would you be?
Ham and pineapple. I don't know why, that's just what speaks to me.

4. Which TV show are you loving so much right now and hope it doesn't get cancelled?
Pretty Little Liars and Almost Human. There isn't much left plot wise for PLL, so I can't imagine it going on much longer :( And I really hope that Almost Human finds its audience, because I really enjoy Karl Urban, er, the show.

5. Which film(s) are you looking forward to this year?
22 Jump Street and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are the two movies that first come to mind.

6. Have you see The Lego Movie yet? (BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME!!)
Yes! This Friday's Poppin' Off will be about it, but I loved it so much. Everything is awesome!

7. Who is your current celebrity crush? (Totally stole that from Gwen!)
My biggest ones (because I have a lot at the moment) are Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill (don't judge), Justin Timberlake and Karl Urban.

8. Are you a Zombie, Vampire, or Werewolf fan?
Zombies and Vampires are more my speed, I haven't been bitten by the Werewolf craze.

9. Why do you blog?
Once upon a time, I wanted to be a writer. I gave up on it to pursue other things, but blogging has been a way for me to start working on it again and to see if writing is something that I really do want to eventually try as a career.

10. What do you hope to accomplish with blogging?
Well, I hope to write things that people enjoy reading, and that might teach them something new. I wouldn't mind making money from it, but that's a tough bracket to crack into. And if I make some friends through blogging too, I certainly wouldn't mind. You can never have too many friends :)

11. What do you want to improve in 2014? (Photography skills, write some more, travel, etc.)
I hope to improve the look of my blog. It needs an actual background and style to it. I'd like to take more road trips and read more books. I'd also like to improve my leather working skills. I used to do a lot of leather crafting as a child, and have recently picked it up again. I'd like to get good enough at it to possibly start selling the things I make. I'd also like to work on my sewing machine skills. I don't sew on a machine as well as I do by hand. 

So who do I give the Liebster Award to? 
(I know we're supposed to choose eleven people, but most of the blogs I read have already done this!)

And here are their questions, should they choose to accept it:
1. When did you decide to start blogging?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. If you could have an all expenses paid trip to the convention of your choice, which one would it be?
4. If you could change the ending to one book, which book would it be and why?
5. Is there a movie you can quote all or almost all of?
6. Twilight movies- best thing for vampires, or the worst?
7. Cat person or dog person?
8. Favorite Saturday Night Live sketch?
9. Are there any superstitions you believe in?
10. If your country was divided into Districts like The Hunger Games, which District would you live in?
11. What was your favorite book when you were a child?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!