Friday, August 22, 2014

Poppin' Off- Let's Be Cops

As always, there may or may not be spoilers, so if you're not into that kind of thing, you may want to skip this post until after you've seen the movie.


Let's Be Cops stars Damon Wayans Jr and Jake Johnson as two dudes living in LA, feeling pretty down on themselves. They go to a college alumni masquerade dressed as cops as a misunderstanding to the invitation. As they're walking around after that party and they see how people respond to them in uniform, the idea is born for them to pretend to be cops. Hilarious hijinks ensue, then things get a little crazy and yes, one of them does end up being a cop for real. It has a very 21 Jump Street vibe, complete with Rob Riggle! My sister-in-law felt like the movie was a long episode of The New Girl, but I stopped watching that show after season one, so I don't know. I think the movie is worth spending theater prices on, especially if you're in need of a good laugh.

Have you seen it? Did you enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!