Saturday, February 7, 2015

#FrostyVoxBox from Influenster

I love Influenster, I really do. I have gotten to sample some really great things from them. The last box I received from them was the Frosty Vox Box, and yes, it came around the holidays and I have been so lagging in posting about it.

Pika loves Influenster too!

Included in the box was:
*Celestial Seasonings Tea in Candy Cane Lane
*EcoTools Sleek and Shine Finisher Hair Brush
*Fruit Vines Bites
*NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum
*McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme
*Rimmel London Just Let It Go Eye Make Up Remover 
*Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
*Boots No.7 Protect and Perfect Intense Advanced Serum

Plus coupons for Celestial Seasoning tea and Boots No 7 Serum.

A cat free look at the box.

What I liked:

Celestial Seasonings Tea- I am a huge fan of their tea to start with. Seriously, if you open my cupboard, I have a Ramona Flowers worthy stash of Celestial Seasonings tea. I even had a box of Candy Cane Lane already in there! I love the flavor, its not overly mintly at all. I don't use sweeteners in mine, only because I drink this tea when I'm trying to get my gastrointestinals to calm down and sugars can counteract it sometimes.

Fruit Vines Bites- These are made by Red Vines (which I love!), so I thought I would more than likely like these too. Yes, I do. They are soft, little bites of cherry goodness. They remind me almost of a fruit snack, but a little more grown up. 

EcoTools Hair Brush- This was a surprising like for me, and thats because I am incredibly picky about my hair brushes. My hair tangles really bad, so certain brushes don't work in my hair. This one did just fine, and its lightweight, yet sturdy. 

What Was Meh:
These aren't things that are terrible, but they weren't too super high on my excitability scale either.

McCormick Gourmet Thyme- The only reason this is down here is because I haven't had the occasion to use it yet! I love McCormick, and almost all of their other basic branded seasonings are in my pantry, I just don't cook many recipes that call for things other than salt and pepper. 

Rimmel London Eye Makeup Remover and Scandaleyes Eyeliner- I don't wear makeup. This is something that bugs the hell out of my husband and mother-in-law. I never have though, and I'm not sure I ever really will. So I didn't really have the know-how to apply the eyeliner (it looked like I got beat up by a piece of charcoal), but the makeup remover was good at helping me not look like a panda anymore. These are meh only because I lack makeup knowledge and know-how, not because they're bad products.

NYC Lip Color in Sugar Plum- Again, not a makeup person. However, I do like lip glosses, stains, things like that. So this one I was interested in trying out. I didn't like it though. The color didn't really suit me, and it had the sticky lipstick thing going on that I can't stand. It was also a pain to remove from my lips, which is a bonus if you want the color to last you for a long time, but since it wasn't for me, that was a negative.

Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect Intense Advanced Serum- I love the word serum. It makes sound so fancy. The purpose of this product is to reduce your wrinkles' visibility, and while I have a multitude of gray hair like the old lady I am, I still don't have wrinkles yet. So I didn't see the product work in the way it was supposed to. But it was nice because its hypoallergenic, so it didn't irritate my skin like some skin care products can.


So there's my review! I really enjoyed the box, even though it seems like more items are on the meh side. Are you guys part of Influenster yet? If you want to join, sign up here! Also, I need to let you know that I received these products complementary from Influenster for testing purposes. While these were given to me to review, all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!