Friday, May 2, 2014

My Blog As A Mixtape


Joie from Confessions of a Book Pimp had the awesome idea to do a My Blog as a Mix Tape post today, so I decided to play along. I made a ton of mix tapes back in the day, then transitioned to mix CDs as the times changed. I participate in the IGGPPC music swaps because I still have a deep love for mixes, and its nice to meet others that do too!


If My Blog Were a Mix Tape by aka Krystelle on Grooveshark

I chose songs that I think represent my blog pretty well., or I hope they do. Making this list was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be. Here's the track list (and if you're listening where there are fragile ears around, be warned. There is some cussing and adult themes in some of the songs):
*California Love-2Pac I'm proud of my state, what can I say?
*Never Gonna Fall In Love Again- New Kids on the Block Old school NKOTB. You guys know how much I love them.
*Sail- AWOLNATION One of the songs I listened to on repeat when I first started this thing.
*Let It Go- Idina Menzel from the Frozen soundtrack I love Frozen, and it represents the movie reviews I do.
*Riff Off- Barden Bellas/Treblemakers from the Pitch Perfect soundtrack Another movie song.I nerd out hardcore to this movie! I have a deep love for Skylar Astin, Anna Kendrick and acapella singing. 
*I Got That (Boom Boom)- Britney Spears ft the Ying Yang Twins To show my love for the early 00's. And Britney. I appreciate her much more ever since her breakdown, no lie. And for nostalgia's sake. I'm all about nostalgia on the blog.
*Taverns- Blizzard Entertainment Its a song from World of Warcraft, I had to put it on. I have a lot of WoW elements on the blog, even if WoW Wednesdays are taking a small hiatus right now.
*Don't You Forget About Me- Simple Minds  The 80's and Brat Pack movies have shaped me into who I am today :)
*Radioactive- Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix Last summer's post-Apocalyptic jam covered by a violinist (did you know I play?) and an acapella group. So much greatness.
*Video Games- Lana Del Ray I like video games. I write about video games (sometimes). So why not? 

What would be on your blog mix tape?

1 comment:

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!