Thursday, May 1, 2014

Poppin' Off Early Edition- Mean Girls Turned Ten Yesterday!

In case you were living under a technology free rock yesterday, you might have missed that Mean Girls turned ten years old. I can't tell you how old I feel right now. There are few movies I can quote in near entirety, and Mean Girls is one of them.

I'm not sure why Mean Girls means so much to me, but it does. I even donned Army pants and flip flops back in the day, because of this movie (I know! But I was so cool lol.) Lindsay Lohan was an actress that I admired, but this was pre-drug use and plastic surgery. Her scene in the blue tee shirt and jeans when she survives her first three way call attack is what firmly cemented  for me the theory that jeans and tee shirts are the best look for a girl, and I still stand by that to this day (much to my mother-in-law's chagrin). 

I think that its great that ten years later, people are still quoting Mean Girls like it just came out yesterday. There were some great quotes, there's no denying that:
And some awesome logic:

And of course, the rules of dressing: 
You can't wear tank tops two days in a row, you can only wear jeans or sweatpants on Friday and you can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week....

Mean Girls is, and always will be, one of my favorite movies. So Happy Belated Ten Years, Mean Girls! You are so fetch.

For more quotes and things, check out these links:
*MTV.com (even though the commentary on this list is a little snarky)

Most of the photos came from E Online, and the rest from a Google image search.

1 comment:

  1. You have a mother in law that hates jeans and tees too? (I hate when mine opens her gob about this too).
    And Mean Girls forever! It's one of the most quotable movies ever!!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!