Sunday, January 10, 2016

Krystelle's Book Club in 2016

I've decided not to do one of those new year/new me posts this year. In the past I've hoped that by making my goals public, I would become more accountable to achieving them. But I've found that even in typing my goals for the world to see, I still don't really accomplish them. So this year I will make my goals privately, and if I accomplish them, I'll share them. And if I don't, well, then you'll never have to hear about them. Deal? Good.


I would like to share with you the three book challenges that I'll be trying out this year though. I've set my goal at reading fifty books, and I think participating in these challenges will help me get there. This will be a tough one, since I only read ten books last year and my goal was fifteen, but I'm hoping that these reading challenges will get me back into the reading spirit, and get me motivated to post more here. One of the sections I have here on the blog is Krystelle's Book Club, and I think I've only reviewed about five books. I'm hoping to change that this year (whoops, I let one of my goals slip already), so we'll see.

*2016 Book Riot Read Harder Challenge (22 books to read, 2 book related actions)
*Popsugar 2016 Reading Challenge (41 books to read- one item requires reading two books)
*Reads the Books 2016 Reading Challenge (32 books to read, 14 bookish actions)

Luckily for me, there are a few common items on these lists, so I can cheat a little bit and count one book for more than one list or category. I think that will make it a little more manageable. That, and the challenge from Reads the Books has other book related things that help break up the monotony of just reading, but still keeping you in the book-loving spirit.


source: Tumblr tag via Google search

Do you ever participate in reading challenges? Do you find that they work for you, or add too much stress in wanting to complete them? Or do you just have an awesome book recommendation? I'd love to hear it!!

Edit 01/18/16: I have joined another book challenge! What am I doing to myself? Its the Shelf Love Challenge, and you just read books that you already own that were obtained before January 1st, 2016. There are monthly prompts to write about, and overall it just seems like a lot of fun. Thanks to Alice at The Geeky Burrow for cluing me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!