Friday, November 1, 2013

Keeping Up With The Cons- Stan Lee's Comikaze and Bak-Anime

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween. I know I did. Today's Poppin' Off has been replaced by a Con update.

As you may know, I have been looking forward to Stan Lee's Comikaze (November 1st-3rd) for months. I watched Fangasm and loved it, applied (and was denied) for a press pass, and obsessively read any information I saw about it. I thought for sure I would be going. Well, as it turns out, I'm not. I had hoped to go on Sunday, but my husband doesn't really want to, I don't have any friends and I don't want to go alone (plus, I have huge anxiety issues driving in LA)....and now to completely clinch it, my kids are sick. They need their mommy, so here I will stay. I am very disappointed, but hey, there's always next year :) Anyway, I thought I'd share what I think will be neat at Comikaze, and if you happen to catch any of them, please share your experiences with me! I love living vicariously through others.

  The cast of Fangasm is there! 
According to Molly McIsaac's Instagram,
 they will be at booth #1725 and signing
Friday 4-7pm, Saturday 9am-3pm and Sunday 9am-2pm. 
They will also be on the Hot Topic Main Stage Friday at 7pm
 for Fangasm: The Interns Reunite! Panel.
Photo from Geeky Glamorous.
I read all of these blogs and think these ladies are amazing. Its all about geeky girl fashion.
 I wish I could go to this panel. 

Megan from The Nerdy Girlie (photo from her site)
is going to be on the Super-Heroines of Pop Culture panel. Saturday at 12:30pm Room 301B.
I love her blog and think shes going to kill her first panel.

*The Geek Fashion Show on the Hot Topic Main Stage Friday at 6pm
*Blizzard Storytelling Saturday Room 306AB at 3pm (for the WoW lover in me)
*Her Universe "Year of the Fangirl" Photo Shoot on the Hot Topic Main Stage at 11am
*LeVar Burton on the Hot Topic Main Stage at 3pm on Sunday

Those are just some of the great things to see there. There are also Comikaze exclusives by Funko Pop!, Tokidoki and TOYNAMI (among many others). I hope all of you attending have a blast!

If you're in the central California area but aren't attending Comikaze this weekend, and are feeling like a smaller convention, then you might want to check out Bak-Anime in Bakersfield. Held November 2nd and 3rd at the Marriot Hotel, it promises plenty of cosplay, panels and vendors. The panels seem to focus mostly on developing cosplay outfits, but there are some autograph signings and a Sherlock panel as well. The guests scheduled are Jennifer Hale, Liam O'Brien, Sam Riegel, and Akai Sky. It costs $20 for Saturday only, $15 for Sunday only or $25 for both days. Children 8 years old and under are free.
Flyer from their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!