Monday, January 5, 2015

Mixtape Monday #1

Happy Monday everyone! Part of my New Year's goals for the blog vaguely mentioned starting some new segments and getting rid of some others. Well, today I am trying out one of the new ones- Mixtape Mondays. It will either just be a playlist of what I'm listening to, a playlist that correlates to a current theme, or it might just feature a band/singer that I'm into at the moment. Mixtape Monday will be a bi-weekly feature, because I'm hoping to revive Monday Mix Up. Its my hope that by having to do them less often, I'll be able to do more of them, if that makes sense.

Today's mix is an odd one. Its an ode to beginning the new year (Lets Get It Started, Counting Stars, Break the Rules), even though we're like five days into it already. But its also a throwback, some of these songs are old (Harder to Breathe, Dance, Dance). Some of these are for self love or a new you (The Right Stuff, I Love Myself Today, Remix- I Like The) and some of them are for those relationships, whatever the status may be (Kiss, Kiss, Break Your Heart Right Back, Animals). I hope you like them!




1 comment:

  1. Ahh, such awesome songs that I haven't heard in forever! Extra points for the Bif Naked song (Though I nearly deducted them for the Chris Brown, lol).


    Have an epic Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!