Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Personally....Rejection

A couple of months ago, I applied for a press badge to Stan Lee's Comikaze. It was pretty much on a whim, seeing as how my blog was only two months old at the time. I hoped and hoped that I would get a badge, I mean, how awesome would that be? I really want to go to Comikaze, and to get a press badge so soon in my blogging career would be a major boost. I started to get my hopes up even more when, about two weeks after I sent in my application, I received an official press release from Comikaze about the Mars Attacks exclusive Topps cards that will be available at the convention (I wrote about it here). I was sure I was going to get a press badge after that. But that was the only press release I received. And there was some major news announced after that (like Weird Al and the Powerpuff Girls reunion). It left me a little confused. And then it happened. I got my rejection email yesterday.

To say that I'm disappointed is a little bit of an understatement, but I'm also not surprised. Like I said, I am a new blog. My readership isn't as high as other geek culture blogs, and I imagine that has something to do with it. I won't let this discourage me though. There are other cons I can apply for. And maybe next year I'll be the type of blog that Comikaze wants to give a press badge to :)

Also, if you're interested in attending Comikaze, use code NICK for 10% off tickets. Its in honor of the Pete and Pete reunion they're having (90's kids rejoice). They've also added the cast of Comic Book Men and the cast of Fangasm (naturally) to the lineup, so its shaping up to be quite the nerdy party.

2 comments:

  1. I have too wanted to apply for a press badge because I love attending and writing about cons but you do need a very high readership. Just keep chugging along and it will happen one day!

    I wish I could go but I will be out of the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words! Where are you going on your trip? I've never been out of the country, that sounds exciting.

      Delete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!