Thursday, February 13, 2014

Superheroesque Launch

For the past few months, I have been a member of a great G+ group called Female Geek Bloggers. Its exactly what it sounds like, a place for geeky girl bloggers to hangout and share our work and other things. Through this group, I have had the chance to be exposed to so many new bloggers and their work, and one in particular is Mia Moore. I liked her blog as soon as I read it, and she cosplays Ramona Flowers something fierce. So I am happy to help promote a new blog that she is running with her friend Liz Locksley.


Superheroesque is a community where you can be your nerdiest self, and not be judged. Its a safe place to geek the hell out, and know that its totally okay to to so. From the site: 

Superheroesque is a community about celebrating who you are and what you love. It’s a place where outrageous geekery is not only acceptable, but encouraged. No matter your race, size, shape, gender, creed, or background, everyone is welcome and encouraged to join the party. Superheroesque’s mission is to help you love who you are and work to be the best version of yourself possible. It’s not about perfection, it’s about progress and enjoying the process. We strive to create a community of not only self acceptance, but acceptance of those around you. Superheroesque is a home for everyone – a safe place for nerdy references, punny jokes, and critical geek culture discussions. Above all, Superheroesque is a judgment-free, positive zone of love and geeking out.

Today is the launch of the site, so I hope you'll all go stop by and check out its very first post (about being a "real" geek). And I can honestly say that I've already learned something new from the site. I had  no idea what Galentine's Day was! (I only watch Parks and Recreation sporadically, I guess I missed that episode) So Happy Galentine's Day to all of you, and Happy Launch Day to Superheroesque!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your positive words! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout out! I hope you enjoy the stuff we have planned! :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!