Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mage Food- Meatloaf

Its been a while since I've posted a recipe. I have been trying to cook more, so I suspect more recipes will be making an appearance around here :) Today's recipe is for meatloaf, and I would like to preface this by saying that I am not a meatloaf fan. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But my husband is, so I thought I'd try my hand at making one for the first time ever the other day. I combined a couple of different recipes to make it my own, and I have to say, this is a meatloaf I would actually eat again. I apologize for the lack of photos, but I'm sure you all know what a meatloaf looks like :)

Ingredients:

For the loaf:
*1lb lean ground beef
*1/2 cup of bread crumbs (I used plain bread crumbs, but you can use the flavored kind)
*1/4 cup ketchup
*1/2 teaspoon onion powder
*1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/2 teaspoon pepper
*1 egg

For the glaze:
*1/3 cup ketchup
*2 tablespoons mustard (I used just a basic yellow, but again, its your choice)
*2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your baking pan. I put aluminum foil in mine and it made clean up a breeze. Pan type is your preference, but I used a small glass loaf pan to cook mine. If you have talent (which I don't), you can use a regular cookie sheet and shape your loaf right on it.

Combine all your loaf ingredients in a medium or large bowl. Make sure its all mixed together really well. Then put your mixture onto your tray or into your pan.

Mix your glaze ingredients in a small bowl, making sure the sugar gets really well blended. Then spread your glaze over the top of your loaf.

Bake your meatloaf for about an hour, or until you can see that your meat is firm and cooked all the way (I put a lot of sauce on mine, so I cooked mine for a little longer, just to  make sure).

Pull it out of the oven and enjoy :)

If you try this recipe, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!