Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Mix Up #5

Now that the craziness of July is over, my posting schedule should get back to normal. Anyway, here's a small little list of links to help you procrastinate the start of another week.

*This Shark Week post from Kaelah Bee. It has lots of awesome food and games ideas if you want to throw a Shark Week party. Check it out!

*International Geek Girls Pen Pal Club! I will be writing a post about them soon, but I love the community so much. I love having pen pals, and this is a great place to get some and to celebrate all things nerdy. Next round of signups is in about two weeks.

*Hello Apparel. I really want a Hello sweatshirt for myself and those splatter leggings for my daughter. And not only are their designs cute, but they are a business with heart. When Oklahoma was ravished by the tornado earlier this year, they made a special tank top, and the proceeds from that tank went to American Red Cross relief efforts for the area. 

*SOELive and VidCon. Two conventions I found out about too late lol. I'm always on the lookout for a good convention to attend.

*Netflix temporarily pulled a Star Trek movie for incorrect subtitles.It wasn't Spanish or French though, it was Klingon and Vulcan! Nerds know their languages....even invented ones.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog on IGGPC! Loved reading about your SDCC experience. I've been going since 06 but didn't get tickets this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! Even in writing about SDCC, I felt like I was forgetting things because there was so much lol. My husband and I plan on going again next year though, so maybe we'll see you there!

      Delete

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!