Christmas has some of the best movies and teevee shows around, don't you think? I like that they all have snow, since I don't live in a place where the term White Winter applies at all.
1. All I Want For Christmas. This was one of my favorite Christmas movies growing up. Tiny Thora Birch is just so cute! And I had a mad crush on Ethan Embry lol. I guess growing up with divorced parents, I could relate to the story. Although, and this is mega harsh, I never wanted to pull crazy schemes to get my parents back together. They split when I was just a baby, so living with my dad was the only thing I ever knew. I've always wondered if anyone has ever tried to do that though.
2. Home Alone. "Kevin!!" So many quotables in this movie! And Macauly Culkin was living the dream in that movie, well, until the burglars showed up.
3. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Its hard to have a movie live up to its predecessor, especially a family comedy. But this one did. And because of this movie, I obsessively hunted for turtle dove ornaments lol. I found them too, at an antique store.
Derpin' through the 90's
4. A Charlie Brown Christmas. I don't think this is technically a movie, but this is a must watch every year. I love Charlie Brown's sad tree, and "Hark! Then Harold Angel starts to sing." Not to mention it probably has one of the best soundtracks ever.
5. A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out with that thing!!" If you have seen this movie, I really don't think I need to explain it. Its great. Its probably the first Christmas I watch every year.
I also have to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon version), The Santa Clause and all those teevee specials with Rudolph and Frosty. The Christmas episodes of Family Matters and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air are also some of my favorites, if I can catch them on.
What are your holiday must watch shows and movies?