Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Personally.....Suicide

Today's WoW Wednesday has been replaced by a personal post. Over the weekend I was shocked and deeply saddened to learn that a long time family friend had committed suicide. He had a wife, children, a great job; was always upbeat, had a genuine interest in what you had to say and was just happy all the time. A bright spot in a dull day. Warning signs? There weren't any. And now there are so many people who are left wondering why and is there something any of us could have done to change it.

There have been plenty of times in my life where I have been low, I mean really low. But I could never kill myself. And if you ever get to the point where death seems like the only option, I urge you to reconsider. Find one thing in your life that makes you smile, if even for an  instant, and then find one more. And continue until you see that all those little things actually mean something.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline's website is full of information for those who are thinking about killing about themselves or for people who know someone who might be suicidal. If you fit into either one of these categories I urge you to check out this site or to call their phone number. Don't leave anyone wondering why you're gone, and don't feel like you need to cut your life short. There are things to live for, sometimes you just have to search them out. Everyone deserves a chance to live. Everyone.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ or 1-800-273-8255


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom. Don't freak out if you don't see your comment right away, I do moderate :) Thanks!